the download wont work for me
A downloadable game
A satirical social media simulator about mental health and memes.
A new social media site is taking the world by storm, millions of users begin using PIXL to post about their day and communicate with friends, but your only mission is overtaking all other users by any means necessary.
- Hundreds of randomised feed posts!
- Make your own posts and grow your audience!
- Upgrade your posting abilities in the shop!
- Follow and influence in-game trends!
- Affect your mental health by reading comments!
- Make the general public adore you!
- Make the general public hate your guts! Your call, really.
- Form a cult!
- Go insane and start hacking the accounts of those who oppose you!
- Become a sellout and take brand deals to get filthy rich!
- Wait, what was that about cults?
- Original chiptune soundtrack!
- Celebrity easter egg cameos!
- Too many references to count!
- Tons of in-game achievements!
|Release date||Jul 10, 2020|
|Made with||GameMaker: Studio|
|Tags||8-Bit, Casual, Comedy, Idle, Pixel Art, pixl, social-media, social-media-simulator, Tycoon|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Accessibility||High-contrast, Interactive tutorial|
- Version History / ChangelogJul 11, 2020
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
I think I stumbled upon a bug where my account is listed twice under the trends tab. :S
Edit: It seems like it corrected itself? Not sure exactly what happened there.
Once you gain a high number of followers your account name can appear on the trending tab. All trends also have a small chance to appear multiple times on the trending tab, not a bug don't worry :)
Social pressure is a really refreshing game. I love the chosen style and soundtrack. Simple and fun to play again. Hope to see more of your work.
very cool game. even though i was doing the same thing over and over again you somehow made it fun hahagameplay at 10;42
I enjoyed the game it ramps up quickly, so it's not a huge time sink for what seems to be a management/idle game. The graphics could be better and the sound didn't work for me, but I still enjoyed it my play through here!:
This game is actually such a cool concept / idea, and you done it justice, well done!
Hey! Thank you so much!
While playing through i found a small bug where once you hit 100k followers, and are introduced to the mental health part, it doesn't allow you to press "5" and soft locks you. other than that, really enjoyed the experience
"S" is the key for checking sanity, not 5. I can see how some confusion may come up with the small pixel font, I'll look into making it clearer in an update!
Nice game. I love the style and the possibilities. I’m stuck at the last achievement, but i’m gonna to find how to get it x)
Awesome game, finished my first run in about an hour. I will now try to get on the dark side.